These chalkboard gift tags are just about the easiest DIY projects imaginable. I recently got a chance to try out Scotch™ Chalkboard Tape, and I fell in love (check out this banner I made). It’s the same size as a roll of duct tape, but the tape has a different texture and it’s removable. Once you’ve written on the tape with chalk, it’s even easy to erase.
1. Kraft Gift Tags (or make your own from cereal boxes)
2. Scotch™ Chalkboard Tape
3. Embroidery thread, ribbon, twine, etc…
1. Trace a template for your Christmas tree triangle shape.
2. Cut out these triangles from the chalkboard tape.
3. Peel and stick the chalkboard tape trees onto the kraft paper gift tags.
4. Attach ribbon, twine, or embroidery thread to the tags. I used different shades of green thread to create little tassels.
5. Use chalk to write names or just doodle on the Christmas trees. Bonus: the tags are reusable!
Now I want to welcome you to the first annual Home for the Holidays Blog Tour
brought to you by Sondra Lyn at Home!
This year’s co-host is Michele from Our Rosey Life. Thanks, Michele!
We are so excited to bring the selection of blogs that have been assembled for this inaugural kick-off. Be sure to check back for each day’s inspirational links!
Here is the line-up for the week:
Monday – Gifts and Wrapping
Tuesday – Trees and Decor- Part I
Wednesday – Crafts
Thursday – Recipes and Tablescapes
Friday – Trees and Decor- Part II
Each day you will see new links added for that day’s featured topic. So let’s get started! Enjoy!!
Home for the Holidays
Monday ~ Gifts and Wrapping
Tuesday ~ Trees and Decor- Part I
Wednesday ~ Crafts
Thursday ~ Recipes and Tablescapes
Friday ~ Trees and Decor- Part II