Since this is the first Christmas for Let’s Wrap Stuff, I wanted to celebrate its recent launch by challenging a select group of talented bloggers to come up with a creative gift wrap idea using plain kraft paper. Who doesn’t love brown paper packages tied up with string? Of course, I had to take part too! Check out all 24 creative gift wrap ideas below.
This ice cream cone gift wrap is so fun and really easy to make. My kids are already obsessed with this present.
1. Kraft wrapping paper (I used a small roll of paper from the paint section at Home Depot)
3. A small red pom pom, or a button
4. Brown paper or brown felt
5. Tape, double-sided tape, and glue
1. Start by wrapping your present in plain brown paper.
2. Make your pom pom. If you don’t know how to make a yarn pom pom, here is a great tutorial. Here is a neat trick that makes making pom poms even easier. You can also buy a neat little tool for making pom poms for less than $10.
3. Cut out your cone and attach it to your gift with double sided tape.
4. Place your pom pom where you want it to be, and start taping down a few strands of yarn to the package. It felt really secure after I taped in 4 places (underneath where you can’t see the tape). You could also just use a hot glue gun to attach your pom pom, but if you use tape then the pom pom will be reusable.
5. Use glue to add the little red pom pom cherry and stem.
For a larger gift, make an ice cream come with 2 or 3 scoops. You could also go for a fun look like mint chocolate chip by using mostly a mint green yarn with some speckles of dark brown.
Now on to the brown paper package challenge. Be sure to stop by and check out these other wonderful gift wrap ideas.
1. Pom Pom Ice Cream Cone Gift Wrap by Let’s Wrap Stuff
2. Embroidered Wrapping Paper by Lines Across
3. Holiday Lights Gift Wrap by Burlap and Blue
4. Printable DIY Watercolor Gift Tags by Dawn Nicole
5. Chalkboard Painted Wrapping Paper by The Winthrop Chronicles
6. Let it Snow Neighbor Gift Printable by Ginger Snap Crafts
7. Upcycled Cardboard Gift Tags 3 Ways by Eat. Sleep. Make.
8. Kraft Paper Gift Card Envelope Printables by Delia Creates
9. Make + Give Christmas Tree Gift Topper by Make and Tell
10. DIY Wrench Wrapping Paper by Maker Mama
11. DIY Stamped Trees Gift Wrap by Shaken Together Life
12. Brown Paper Packages by Delineate Your Dwelling
13. Yarn Tassel Gift Wrap 2 Ways by Hands Occupied
14. Holiday Writing with Washi Tape by Club Chica Circle
15. Glitter-Dipped Gift Tags by The Thinking Closet
16. Coffee Container Christmas Gift Tags by Simply Kelly Designs
17. Gift Wrapping Ideas by C.R.A.F.T.
18. Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas by Making Home Base
19. Sewn Brown Paper Gift Card Gift Giving by Dream a Little Bigger
20. Chalkboard Gift Tag & Ornament by Tried and True
21. Easy Holly Ornament Gift Tag by Rae Gun Ramblings
22. Printable Hand-Lettered Christmas Tags by Persia Lou
23. Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas by Eighteen25
24. Washi Tape Christmas Tree Gift Card Box by That’s What Che Said